Live the uffizi with us! One of the most famous art galleries in the world. Here you can admire works by some of the greatest renaissance artists. your private, authorized guide will help you to appreciate the historical context through anecdotes and curiosities.
Discover with us, through enthralling journey from the middle ages to the 1600s, the 10 major paintings present in the gallery.
- Giotto’s Maestà. (Curiosity: why is Mary smiling?)
- Adoration of the Magi by Gentile da Fabiano (Curiosity: How is the importance of merchants underlined in this painting?)
- The Duke and Duchess of Urbino by Piero della Francesca (curiosity: How did Federigo get the most
- famous nose in Italian art history?)
- The Primavera by Botticelli (curiosity: Might Mercury be a member of the Medici family?)
- The Birth of Venus by Botticelli (curiosity: Might Venus have been Botticelli’s lover?)
- The Annunciation by Leonardo da Vinci (curiosity: the arm of Mary seems a little too long, don’t you think?)
- The Adoration of the Magi by Leonardo da Vinci (Curiosity: where did all the colours go?)
- The Sacred Family by Michelangelo (Curiosity: what are all those nudes doing there behind the religious subject?)
- The Medusa by Caravaggio (Curiosity: why is it painted on a concave surface?)
- Bacchus by Caravaggio (Curiosity: who might the model be?)
Booking required: please book the time which bests suits you at the following number: (+39) 055/294883 or www.firenzemusei.it